This position provides functional application support for the GIS technology, including but not limited to the Geospatial Information System (GIS), Graphical Work Design (GWD), and Outage Management System (OMS) suite of applications. The incumbent provides administrative support for the GIS technology, provides end user support, defines system requirements, performs functional analysis, design, configuration, and testing for the GIS technology, and ensures functional integration with related business applications and other components including business processes. Duties involve troubleshooting complex software application issues and documenting issues and resolutions and collaborating with employees to solve complex technical problems.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
· Perform daily, weekly, and monthly data cleanup routines to maintain GIS and Design Manager database information. Merge and post corrections.
· Review, plan, recommend and participate in application upgrades to GIS, DM and POR.
· Support Design Manager Enhancements and maintenance activities. Perform data entry when needed or required.
· Ability to utilize FME workbench to model and export information in formats requested.
· Define and document data model changes for a Smallworld dataset, including custom behavior for user objects.
· Analyze and solve issues with current and planned systems as they relate to the integration and management of utility data.
· Create Design Manager compatible units (CU) to match assembly units created in cost accounting system (iVue) and update and report on delivered inspection records from third party vendors.
· Work with business unit to document functional test scenarios, test plans, and end-user acceptance testing criteria.
· Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs; develop reports and studies that analyze information contained in databases to management as directed.
· Routinely manage and evaluate new software releases, upgrades, and patches. Recommend those to be implemented.
· Develop and maintain QC/QA scripts and rules as needed and proactively establish ongoing routines to scrub existing data. Submit technical issues with GE support and provide ongoing open communication to resolve issues.
· Provide GIS personnel support on network model updates and investigating and resolving build issues.
· Assist with data store compressions on a regular routinely basis.
· Prepare and maintain development environments
· Submit technical issues with product vendors and provide ongoing open communication to resolve issues.
· Process field collected information in various formats into GIS and report on the results of the data imported.
Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors Degree Major: Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Minimum Four (4) years technical experience in an electric utility in data acquisition systems, designing and planning electric capital projects, maintaining electric distribution facilities, or mapping support.
Preferred Experience in implementing and supporting GIS technology, preferably in an electric utility. Magik programming, python scripting or ESRI suite of experience.
Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen. Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations. Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Technical and working functional knowledge of the GIS/GWD/OMS systems. Understanding of the business processes related to and supported by the GIS technology. Understanding of integration testing processes and tools.
· Problem Solving/Decision Making: Evaluates design integration, cost effectiveness, and engineering equipment implementation analysis. Develops and implements creative and effective solutions. Commits to and is accountable for results produced.
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products; VMS Operating System with knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws; ability to create and modify data models to support GIS (Smallworld) and GWD (Design Manager) requests; and ability to acquire expertise to support corporate business systems and interfaces such as OMS (PowerOn Restore).
· Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills; creativity in troubleshooting software application and work-flow process problems; and ability to express technical information clearly and simply while working closely with other personnel.
· Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner; to develop graphs, reports and presentation of project results; to analyze and interpret job related business periodicals and technical manuals.
· Effective planning and organizational skills; ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
· Ability to maintain highly confidential information; ability to multi-task and effectively manage stress and pressure through changing priorities calmly in all situations.
Acquire and develop Magik programming skills to effectively handle functional responsibilities. English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
About SECO Energy
SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric cooperative serving over 210,000 families and businesses across seven counties in Central Florida, making SECO the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the seventh largest in the nation.
In both 2017 and 2016, SECO Energy was ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Cooperatives” in the J.D. Power Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study. In 2015, SECO Energy was ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Midsize Utilities in the South” by J.D. Power. SECO refers to the three consecutive awards as its “Triple Crown,” and we are grateful to our members for ranking us #1!