| FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTThe Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at City College of New York invites applications for a tenure-track position in Atmospheric Science/Hydrology/Climate Science, at the rank of Assistant Professor, to begin in August, 2017. We will consider applicants across a broad range of specialized fields including atmospheric chemistry, air/water pollution, hydroclimate, fluid mechanics, and hydrology/hydrogeology. We are particularly interested in researchers who utilize an interdisciplinary approach, including remote sensing observations, process-based modeling and/or field work. The successful candidate is expected to establish a vigorous, externally funded research program that expands the scope of our departmental expertise while complementing and integrating with our existing strengths. The candidate should be capable of developing new courses and teaching existing offerings in atmospheric chemistry, hydrology, and/or GIS.CCNY values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students; we particularly encourage applications from diverse candidates including women and minorities. The Division of Science is committed to a welcoming workplace diverse in all its dimensions. The Division's Diversity Statement can be viewed at https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/science.QUALIFICATIONSPh.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.COMPENSATIONCUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.HOW TO APPLYIf you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:|
* Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
* Click "Search job listings"
* Click on "More search options"
* Search by Job Opening ID number
* Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER, CV/RESUME, AND OTHER DOCUMENTS AS ONE FILE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.In addition, applicants must submit electronically a CV, statements of teaching and research interest, a diversity statement describing the candidate's thoughts on diversity in the classroom and workplace, a list of at least three references in PDF format (to firstname.lastname@example.org), and a cover letter addressed to: Kyle McDonald, Chair, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, City College of New York, NY 10031.CLOSING DATEMay 28, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: FacultyEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* City College of New York*Job Title:
* Assistant Professor - Earth and Atmospheric Science*Job ID:
* 16565*Full/Part Time: