If interested, the following application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject of “Research Application”:
- Cover letter describing general research interests and programming experience
- List of 3 potential references with contact information (email)
Application Deadline: Applicants are encouraged to apply by 4/18/17. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and this job posting may be closed at any time after 4/18/17.
The Jain lab at the University of Michigan is seeking a Research Lab Tech to help process and analyze large datasets (ranging from census datasets, geo-spatial datasets, and satellite imagery) to aid research on sustainable food systems and food security in the face of environmental change. Competitive salary will be provided based on qualifications + benefits. In addition, the Research Lab Tech will help manage the lab group and website.
This is a term-limited position initially for one (1) year with potential to extend to two (2) years based on performance, funding, and need. The start date is flexible, between July – September 2017.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, geography, sustainability science, agricultural sciences, economics, environmental sciences, or a related field and prior research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Preference will be given to applicants with strong programming skills (in R, Python, MATLAB, and/or Google Earth Engine).
- Additional experience with remote sensing would be a benefit but is not required.
The School of Natural Resources and Environment’s overarching mission is to contribute to the protection of the Earth's resources and the achievement of a sustainable society. Through research, education, and outreach, the faculty, staff, and students are devoted to generating knowledge and developing policies, techniques, and skills to help practitioners manage and conserve environmental resources to meet the full range of human needs on a sustainable basis.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.