|What Is Required: |
• Ph.D in Environmental Sciences, Geophysics, Hydrogeology, Biogeochemistry or relevant related field.
• Outstanding record of original and high-quality research.
• Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for understanding the dynamics of the plant-soil biomes.
• Expertise in soil, plant or environmental sciences with a particular emphasis on at least one of the following domains: near surface geophysics, soil-plant interaction, lab and field scale soil biogeochemistry and hydrology, and surface-subsurface interactions.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Familiarity with hydrogeophysical methods, geochemistry, soil physics and mechanics, plant genetics and physiology, remote sensing, statistical methods.
• An interest and spirit in working with a multi-disciplinary team.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on April 28, 2017.
• This is a full time, 1 year, postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 4 years paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
• Work will be primarily performed at: Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=95135 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".