Macfadden is an employee-owned, international professional services corporation that applies integrated information technology solutions and program/project management expertise to help solve critical issues impacting the health, safety and security of the world around us. Since 1986, federal agencies have relied on Macfadden for critical support in the areas of international disaster response, development and humanitarian assistance, information technology solutions, financial management systems support and knowledge management and communications.
Today, Macfadden provides innovative solutions that enable our customers to rapidly respond to complex international disaster relief efforts; develop and maintain critical government financial systems, and safeguard key government information systems. We offer a broad range of technical capabilities to solve complex program requirements ranging from international program management and training, grants administration, geospatial information systems, information technology operations, financial systems, and helpdesk support.
With more than 200 employees, Macfadden is headquartered in Silver Spring, MD with multiple client site operations in the greater Washington, DC region and Tidewater, VA area.
The PSC Contracts Specialist will be responsible for assisting OAA in the solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, termination, close-out and post award administration of USAID/Office of Food For Peace (FFP) PSC human resources and contracts activities. The Specialist will prepare contract and HR files and required electronic documents. Research, analyze and review all applicable policies, guidance and regulations to support the client’s Contracting Officer decision-making. This position performs necessary research and prepares all documentation for the termination of contracts for convenience of the U.S. Government or default by the contractor.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to USPSC awards from maintaining files to responding in an informed and timely fashion to contractual questions and request for assistance. This includes demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to internal and external customer requests.
- HR Activities: reviewing position descriptions, assisting with onboarding and interview scheduling, other HR administrative duties as needed.
- Must be familiar with applicant tracking systems, People-Trak knowledge a plus
- Support USPSC solicitation, negotiation, award and contract administration activities.
- Draft all contract documents, including budgets and memos necessary to execute contracts and contract modifications for assigned actions. Ensure that all reports are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ensure assigned USPSC contracts are in compliance with USAID, U.S. Government, and other regulations, laws, standards, procedures.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with U.S. Government and USAID standards.
- Monitor and track upcoming contractual actions and deadlines. Responsible for assuring that all information regarding the status of assigned procurement actions are in the Global Acquisition & Assistance System (GLAAS) databases and/or current systems as applicable for completion of work tasks and as per agency regulatory requirements.