In partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP will conduct Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIAs) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. Each PHIA will define the status of the national HIV epidemic, guide global and local allocation of funding and resources based on evidence, and integrate capacity building of country stakeholders in the design, conduct, analysis, and use of PHIAs.
Reporting to the PHIA Lead Epidemiologist, ICAP at Columbia, the Research Assistant will perform literature reviews, prepare bibliographies, and assist with preparation of manuscripts related to the PHIA Project.
- Perform literature reviews, prepare bibliographies, and assist with data analysis and presentation for scientific abstracts and manuscripts, opinion pieces, presentations, and reports
- Assist with the development and editing of manuscripts, presentations, reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
General Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: - Currently enrolled in a Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health doctoral program
- Experience conducting literature reviews and preparing bibliographies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with citation managers ie. Endnote
- Proficient with data analytical package (eg. SAS, SPSS, or Stata)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have an interest in HIV & AIDS, Public Health or Medicine in resource limited settings
Preferred Qualifications: - Master's degree in public health, public affairs or a related discipline
- Proficient with geospatial analysis and ArcGIS software
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Internal Number: 126_166941
About Columbia University
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.